Relevant Book by my friend Tom on how Societal Developments impact business + technology and also vice versa.
Published already in 2014 … but still very relevant. Presented + recommended multiple times in the last months.
One of the most profound changes in business and society is the emergence of the post-Millennial generation, Gen Z. While every new generation has faced its share of disruption in technology, economics, politics and society, no other generation in the history of mankind has had the ability to connect every human being on the planet to each other and in the process to provide the opportunity for each person to be fully educated, socially and economically engaged.
Topics covered includes:
- Breaking Generations – The Über Generation
- Hyperconnecting: From Me to We = the foundation for essentially all businesses and people.
- Slingshotting is the force that allows a significant portion of the population to move all at once—and apparently overnight—from the past into the future.
- Shifting from Affluence to Influence – much more transparency, elastic influence.
- The World As My Classroom – changes in education (not only by MOOGs)
- Lifehacking = working around or “hacking” the system. New ways to solve problems.
More info at www.thegenzeffect.com
btw: thank you to Tom for my cool Avatar 🙂