“Best practices for commercial use of open source software”
by Dr. Karl Michael Popp
This book describes state-of-the-art business models, management processes and tools for successfully using Open Source Software in business models and as part of commercial software.
Target readers are executives, business developers, M&A experts, product managers, software architects, developers, quality managers, operations managers as well as students who want to leverage open source software.
The book covers three important topics:
- Business model impact of open source products and open source licenses.
- License and IP compliance aspects of open source software in mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Assessment, monitoring, governance and management tools for open source software.
Authors are seasoned software industry veterans and open source experts including:
- Dr. Karl Michael Popp (SAP),
- Dr. Josef Waltl (Siemens),
- Bill Weinberg and Greg Olsen (Black Duck Software) and
- Robert Reiz (VersionEye the open source notification system).